Jeff Rowlette

Barracuda Update

I did several things to the Cuda recently.

  • Fixed my power steering leak
  • Replaced my oil pressure gauge line with a braided steel one
  • Clay barred the paint
  • Loosened the rear leaf spring shackles

The clay bar – wow…my paint is shiny and smooth now…what a difference!

But the BIG improvement was loosening the leaf spring shackles. The car was VERY bouncy. I did not realize the shackles needed to articulate – I had them VERY tight. After I loosened them the ride smoothed out beautifully! It rides SO much better now!

Drove it about 50 miles Saturday just locally. Ran like a champ!

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.